How does Steam Family Sharing, and how it interacts with DLCs and offline mode? Our guide has the answers!
As our best friend has just granted Tyranny and raves about it all the time. In contrast, a colleague in Portugal gambles excited Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. And the little sister daddelt prefer Lego Marvel Superheroes. Each course does so at his own Steam account and on his own computer. But what would it be nice if we could borrow the games in between times us!
Well, then we do it a visit! With Steam's Family Sharing is allowed to up five Accounts to a maximum ten Geräten connect (PCs, notebooks, laptops) with each other and share their libraries. Not only in the family! That's how it works:
Log on to the third party computer
Whether pal from the neighborhood or the friend from Portugal: You must log on to the computer to get to your library access, with your account yourself or someone you trust.
This is all just borrowed ge ...: Steams Family Sharing allows us to play games from other libraries on loan.
Professional tip: in front of the Family Sharing settings change the password to a simple version, and when you are done with the settings, make another new, secure password (but just do not forget!) a.
DangerThe security mechanism Steam Guard must be enabled for all participating accounts.
Up to five accounts authorize
Navigate through Steam: Settings: family to the family library. Check the box for "my computer for the family library authorize". You can then select up to five accounts that Steam are known in the computer. This assumes that the desired accounts have previously logged already have been on that computer.
Five accounts can - provided your consent - play your games.
Select the account by setting a check mark. You can also specify at this point if you want to be notified when shared libraries are available. The settings are complete. Now if one account that you have authorized, logs on to the computer in Steam, is your him entire library to disposal. In the box we have listed to you the procedure step by step with an example.
Step by step: the remote device family library
When Erika Mustermann just can not personally carry out an authorization on the computer of her boyfriend Max (perhaps because of lives too far away) goes, they do the following:
1) Erika changes the password for your Steam account, they used a simple numerical sequence.
2) Erika is to get her boyfriend Max, access to Erika's Steam library, their access to Steam.
3) Max is back with Erika's Account to on Steam. A Steam Guard code is now needed because Erika's account logs on a new, unknown device. The code gets Erika Steam -either by mail to their stored email address or mobile Steam Authenticator, depending on which security method it uses. Erika is Max this code so that it can log in.
4) Now Max sits at his computer with Steam: the check mark for "family this computer for the family library authorize": Settings. Afterwards Max authorizes its own account by check mark for the family library.
5) Max then logs back out of Erika's account. Erika changes again immediately the password for their account.
6) Max can now play Erica's Steam games.